PBL blog post

The driving question for our PBL over Term 2 and part of this Term has been, “How can we as performing artists communicate positive messages to an audience?”

We learnt about The Arts, in particular the elements of Dance, Drama and Music. We read a number of fables or fairy tales and learnt about their positive message. We then took this learning and applied it to our own play writing script. 

In my group there was Lucy, Claire, Leo Wilson, and Leo Wall and we planned out what our script, and fairy tale was going to be. Click here to see our planning document. 

Once we had planned our ideas, we started to write our playwriting script. The fairy tale or fable our script is based on is three little pigs. The positive message that we wanted the audience to take away was Build a more secure house. To keep you safe

The Google Slide shows everyone’s performance in Tumu, my group’s performance is on slide 17. 

Something that I enjoyed about this project was filming it and acting it out

Something that I found challenging or would change about this project was memorising the lines because I had some hard lines to memorise

I am most proud of this project because I memorised my lines very well 

2 thoughts on “PBL blog post

1. Kia ora Leo wilson, I liked your play at the start it was a bit sad they got kicked of the house, In my opinoin I think we needed to see more of mother bear. But I loved it.
    If you didint think of the 3 little pigs what would you done?

2. Kia ora Leo
    What a fantastic fairytale adaptation! I can see that you and your group put a lot of effort into making this fairytale come alive. Your message is very clear and super positive. I really enjoyed watching your performance and I could see how much thought you put into making sure that you used expression.
    Ka rawe!
    Mr Trewin